Services in the Maritime Provinces:
Peel Children's Centre operates residential treatment services for youth in the Maritime Provinces who have serious problems with feelings, behaviour or relationships. To learn more about our services and how to make a referral to a program, please click on these links for our Moncton Residential Treatment Program
and our Moncton Parent-Operated Residential Treatment Program
.How we work with children, youth and families
Peel Children's Centre believes in the value of a multi-disciplinary process. Bringing different clinical perspectives together improves our ability to understand the issues facing a youth, resulting in a treatment plan that will lead to positive change. The youth, his/her family member or caregiver, and community service providers are all seen as fully participating team members. The multi-disciplinary team meets regularly to review the youth's progress towards goals, to acknowledge accomplishments, and to plan future directions.
Services provided by Peel Children's Centre are confidential and voluntary.
Peel Children's Centre is committed to:
- acting in the best interest and well-being of youth,
- not giving up on youth,
- keeping youth, staff and the community safe,
- developing and implementing individualized treatment plans based on the strengths and needs of each youth and his or her family/caregivers,
- supporting youth and their families/caregivers to stay together, whenever possible,
- collaborative service delivery, including informal and formal linkages to other complementary services and support systems (e.g. education, health care, child welfare),
- using a multidisciplinary process to gain different clinical perspectives to optimize service, and
- non-discriminatory service delivery.