Psychiatric Services:

Psychiatric Services
When your child comes to our programs at Peel Children's Centre, he or she may get help from our Psychiatric Services.

Can your child use our services?
Your child can use our Psychiatric Services if any of the treatment programs or services at our Centre asks for help from a psychiatrist. (A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who is specially trained to identify and treat problems with behaviour and feelings caused by an illness or mistreatment.)

What do we do?
Our psychiatrists identify your child’s strengths and mental health needs.

We help decide which programs or services are correct for your child. To do this
  • we will talk to you and your child,
  • we may do some testing, and
  • we help your child’s mental health workers create a plan for your child’s treatment.
Peel Footer Image